Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Oh my gosh my friends this pasta dish was SO delicious. I made a big batch of it that totaled to be about 3 servings, and Mike and I finished it in one day! The sauce is thick and creamy, leaving your feeling satisfied and satiated. Here’s what you’ll need:
Trader Joes Black Bean Spiral Pasta (or pasta of your choice)
1 medium sized potato
3 cups diced mushrooms
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp pink salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1 cup raw cashews
2 cups almond milk
2. Bring a pot of water to boil, then add potato.
3. Cook for 6 minutes, then add cashews to the boiling water. When the potato is finished (it should slide off a fork easily) drain the water and add the potato and cashews to a food processor.
4. Bring another pot of water to boil, then add pasta.
5. While the water for the noodles are boiling, combine the almond milk and seasonings to the food processor with the potato and cashews, blend for 2 minutes until smooth and creamy!
5. Heat a skillet with coconut oil, then add chopped mushrooms and cook until soft and tender, about 6-8 minutes.
6. Once noodles are finished, strain and rinse with cold water to stop the noodles from cooking. Add them to the skillet with mushrooms. Next add the “Alfredo Sauce” to the noodles and mushroom combination. Your final result will be a thick, creamy, and comforting bowl of pasta rich with protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats (by topping with hemp seeds!)
I hope you enjoy as much as we did!